Saturday, March 22, 2008

Grandma to the Rescue!

I was waiting until the last minute to dye Easter eggs and thought that maybe Saturday(day before Easter) would be a good time to do it! Actually forgot about it until I was looking at a friend's blog(thank you Katie Eckler!). Yes, I know you are all thinking boy she(meaning me) deserves the "mother of the year" award..forgetting to dye eggs with her children and all. I know as a kid Mark and I dyed them every year...I can't believe my mom let us-as messy as it can be and as messy of a kid that I was! Anyway, Tim's mom called on Wednesday or Thursday and said that she had all the stuff to color eggs and that her and Pheeze would take us out for supper on Friday night then head to our house to help Ava color eggs!! This made the momma very happy!:)) Thank you Mary Anne! This was Addi's part in the egg coloring process....watching!:) Here is the finished product! Ava's favorite colors were blue and red! Top picture is Grandma Mary Anne, Ava and Grandpa Pheeze Ava loves her grandma and was very happy that she helped her decorate the eggs. Ava is very excited about Easter and can't wait to put on her Easter dress and go to church. We will hopefully get some good pictures to post. The weather is not supposed to be great here, but I am sure the kids will have fun hunting eggs indoors!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ava...your eggs are just beautiful, you and grandma did an awesome job. I can't believe you didn't let Addison help. Have a very Happy Easter and I hope the Easter Bunny brings you lots of candy and eggs.
Love
KK

The Statens said...

Aunt Lori, GP, Bry, Q, and Uncle Mark LOVE your Easter eggs Ava and Adi. Just wish we were all closer so Gma Mary Anne could have helped our kids too! :) Happy Easter to you.

Katie said...

I need to make that suggestion to Grandma next year that she needs to have all the grandkids at her house! Hey Thanks to the comment of the "Mother of The Year Award"...I don't think I deserve that but maybe "The Crazy Lady Award!". I sometimes can't keep up with myself! I think they have finally diagnosed it as ...Adult ADHD!! Ha! Have a great EAster and can't wait for pictures! You know mine will be up ASAP!!!